Re: Power Mac 6100/66

Over cool, after month of writing, finally a real user report for the nubus
kernels :)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:56:50PM +0200, Ernest Demaret wrote:
> That's what I tried to say: There's no nubus-kernel higher than 2.4.27.
> So I have to stick with 2.4.27? And recompiling is not possible because
> the nubus patch is broken... :-(

Well, there is no 2.6.x kernel patch for nubus, at least none that i know
about. You could recompile it with 2.4.27-<whatever_was_in_sarge>, i can do it
too if you really need to, need to find some time for it though.

BTW, anyone with a nubus pmac going to Oldenbourg ?

> By the way... apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.27-nubus isn't gonna
> work for me because I have to load Linux with the MkLinux bootloader
> with the kernel present on a Mac partition... apt gives errors like
> "could not find image (/boot/vmlinux-2.4.27-nubus)".

Oh, well, can you give me the full output ? This should not have happened.

And yes, i know you need the MAch\ kernel, or whatever it is called, and this
is the one i produce, and indeed you need to move it to your mac partition and
do mklinux tricks on it, please try.

Friendly,

Sven Luther