Re: Power Mac 6100/66

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 05:42:55PM +0200, Ernest Demaret wrote:
> > Try :
> >
> >   apt-get source kernel-patch-powerpc-2.4.27
> >
> > And look a bit into it. What would be of interest to you is the
> > config/nubus
> > file or something such. You can disable the builds of the non-nubus
> > configs in
> > debian/flavours.
> >
> > the patch is taken from the nubus project, at sourceforge i think.
> >
> > If you go working on that one, it would be great if you where to
> > try it out
> > with the official kernel, so that futur debian/nubus users could
> > profit from
> > it too.
> >
> > I think the developer was Joel (?) Knight or someone such, and both
> > the patch
> > and the config file are from him, so it is well possible that it
> > will work. He
> > posted here at the start of the year or something.
> >

> That's something I already tried... I tried different patches (from
> different sources) but nothing seems to work.
> My problem is that I can't get the kernel tree to be patched without
> lots of errors so a compile from that invalid patched tree won't give
> me a working kernel...

Yeah, i know, but i managed to get that one going, and if i remember well, the
2.4.27 patch applied fine on the debian kernel-source.

> I've tried to find an already nubus-patched kernel tree but that
> doesn't seem to excist.

wrong :)

kernel-source-2.4.27 and kernel-patch-2.4.27-nubus should do the trick.

> Is it possible to identify the developer of a kernel? He might be able
> to provide the tree from which my kernel is made of (which is stable as
> far as I've experienced).

No idea, but i doubt it is meaningfull to go hunting after a the history of a
given binary kernel, it is more constructive to start from the existing source
code in the debian kernel. Did you try the sarge -nubus kernel at all ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther