Re: OT: Darwin

Ethan Benson wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:36:53AM -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

Ethan Benson wrote:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 04:47:07AM -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti

No, no no. Mach can't support an userland all by itself, it needs servers; in Mac OS X, these servers are just one, and it is the BSD kernel minus the low-level hardware interface part.

you are wrong.

	This is no argument, so I don't need to answer... but here it goes.

	Mach isn't a kernel, it is a microkernel.

i know that.

Not only userland, but kernel also. From BSD, I just don't know which version. BSD is much bigger and older than FreeBSD.

they did NOT use the bsd kernel. that is a myth propagated by slashdot mostly.

	Before I go to sleep, it's 6h10 now...

Have a nice reading! And please be humbler next time, better to learn than to teach.

/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 246 96 07
\ / http://homepage.mac.com./leandrod/     BRASIL    +55 (43) 322 89 71
 X  http://tutoriald.sourceforge.net./     mailto:lgcdutra@terra.com.br
/ \ Campanha fita ASCII, contra correio HTML    mailto:leandrod@mac.com