Re: iBook Firewire X Success !!!

Hadess wrote:

> > > for aty128fb ? Could that really help ?
> >
> > It _could_ definitely. You can only find out if it _will_ if you try ;)
>
> So, as the subject line tells you, I GOT IT TO WORK !!!!
> Thanks a lot to all of you for your help.

Great!

> So, a bit more detail. I used 2.4.0-test8 kernel that I found precompiled on
> http://kernel.xorsis.com with 2 arguments:
> devfs=nomount
> video=aty128fb:vmode:10:depth:16:
> The Frame-buffer pengo is now the right color

If it's also right with depth 8, I suggest using that for console, which only
has 16 colors anyway. And X can use any other depth.

> I reckon that the PCI handling could be part of the problem... Or is that
> the fact that aty128fb initializes the Card properly this time ?

X without "UseFBDev" should be able to initialize it correctly anyway. Don't
know what went wrong.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project