Re: iMac DV/iBook Firewire install follow-up

Hadess wrote:

> > > So it might be 15/16/24/32 bpp (and according to xdpyinfo it is), but
> > > the colors are all messed up. I can help giving any address range or
> > > whatever might help you.
> > > The FB penguin looks quite weird as well (looks as if Andy Warhol got
> > > crazy on it)
> >
> > Sounds like a colormap problem. What chip do aty128fb and X4 recognize?
> X4 says: ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF rev 2 (and the mem addresses after, if
> that helps...)
> aty128fb (after I added this line in offb.c): Rage Mobility M3 (AGP) chip
> rev 0x0

I have the same, so I don't understand why it doesn't work for you (I just
checked again that it *really* works for me :). Maybe because you hardcoded
the chip in offb? Does the iBook really have the same chip as the Pismo?

> > Please try a 2.4 kernel as well.
> for aty128fb ? Could that really help ?

It _could_ definitely. You can only find out if it _will_ if you try ;)

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project