Re: pmud 0.7-1

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 10:48:39AM +0200 or thereabouts, Claus wrote:
> Hi Patrice!
>
>  >: which reminds me... I don't know if this happens to other people, but in the
>  >: default pwrctl file, it says to "ifconfig eth0 up" on wakeup or when AC power is
>  >: restored. This does not work on my PB3400, and I must change it to
>  >: "/etc/init.d/networking restart" so that it actually works.
>
> ?
> do you mean 'ifconfig eth0 up' fails in this special case or everytime?
> do you got a line like: 'alias eth0 tulip'?

I mean that it fails on wakeup only. And the module (mine is de4x5.o) loads at startup,
although I didn't add that line (I just added 'de4x5' in /etc/modules).

Aha, I tried again, and it's not really my eth0 that's not coming back up, but my routing
table...

> I'm using the 'G3'-part of the pwrctl script, 'cause nap mode + 'hdparm -d0' is not
> usable regarding dialup connections (+ random 'lost interrupts'); pb3400 too.

heh, I remember you telling me to try that... Never did get around to it though ;)
Might as well try now :)

Works a little better.. of course, the G3 function doesn't deactivate the network interfaces
on sleep or minimum power, so...

But now, even though eth0 and the routes are configured properly, I can't ping anything...
I still have to restart the networking...

> and another question:
> which pmud options do you use for your 3400-LiIon?
> -l? -m?

?

I just start pmud with /etc/init.d/pmud start (or it does it on startup...). Never saw
anything about options.

>  >: My PB3400 is ~6 seconds, from the time I press something to wake it up to the
>  >: time I can actually do something.
>
> max. ~2 sec.
>
> just my 0.02Euro :)

I used a stopwatch this time... And I still get 6-8 seconds.

Thanks,
Patrix.

--
I live the way I type; fast, with a lot of mistakes