Re: iMac DV/iBook Firewire install follow-up

Quoting Michel Dänzer <daenzerm@student.ethz.ch>:

> Hadess wrote:
>
> > Hi, I hacked offb.c to get aty128fb to recognize the new chipset
> called
> > "RageM3p1". I added line 449, a statement to use this name (sorry, no
> > patches, it's already very dodgy to use lynx on a webmail
> interface...). The
> > problem is that it doesn't show up more than 8bit colors. I also got
> drm to
> > compile in the kernel replacing drmP.h, r128_dma.c by the ones from
> Michel,
> > and adding compat-pre24.h. I could get Xpmac and XFree4 (debs) with
> native
> > drivers to show up with 256 colors.... A bit more would be cool.
>
> Even the deb X4 should work fine in all depths without Option
> "UseFBDev".
>

> Michel

I'm not using "UseFBDev". I'm sorry, I feel that I'm always missing the spot not giving the expected details...
the XFree.log says:
(WW) r128(0): Cannot not read colourmap from VGA. Will restore with default

So it might be 15/16/24/32 bpp (and according to xdpyinfo it is), but the colors are all messed up. I can help giving any address range or whatever might help you.
The FB penguin looks quite weird as well (looks as if Andy Warhol got crazy on it)

Cheers
PS: Olaf, doesn't work with kernel argument "video=ofonly" or "video=offb", thanks anyway
/Hadess