Re: iMac DV/iBook Firewire install follow-up

Hadess wrote:

> > > I could get Xpmac and XFree4 (debs) with native
> > > drivers to show up with 256 colors.... A bit more would be cool.
> >
> > Even the deb X4 should work fine in all depths without Option "UseFBDev".
>
> I'm not using "UseFBDev". I'm sorry, I feel that I'm always missing the spot
> not giving the expected details... the XFree.log says:
> (WW) r128(0): Cannot not read colourmap from VGA. Will restore with default

I also have this, it's because we don't have VGA access, it's not important.

> So it might be 15/16/24/32 bpp (and according to xdpyinfo it is), but the
> colors are all messed up. I can help giving any address range or whatever
> might help you.
> The FB penguin looks quite weird as well (looks as if Andy Warhol got crazy
> on it)

Sounds like a colormap problem. What chip do aty128fb and X4 recognize?

Please try a 2.4 kernel as well.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project