Re: pkg-perl uploaders field.

On 5/31/05, Allard Hoeve <allard@byte.nl> wrote:

> > Am Dienstag, den 31.05.2005, 11:03 +0200 schrieb Allard Hoeve:
> > > [ Allard asks Gustavo: ] To clear things up: do you propose listing
> > > all members as Uploaders for all packages? Wouldn't that result in a
> > > *lot* of Uploaders listed? How many members do we have anyways?
> >
> > This is what I don't like about the proposal, we'd have a really long
> > Uploaders: list.
>
> Ack.

I don't think that a long Uploaders: list is a problem but i
understand your point,
see below.

> (...)
>
> We could add the following practises into the policy:
>
> * Use the Alioth email address as the Maintainer field.
> * When injecting, uploading, modifying, etc., add yourself to the
>   Uploaders field. This way users can see who is actually working on a
>   package.
> * Always add a watchfile to the package for easy version checking. (This
>   is automagically done by dh-make-perl nowadays).
> * What else?

I agree with these changes in the policy, it will be clear to everyone
who touched the package (and can be contacted) and at the same time
the maintainers field will be kept pointing to pkg-perl group.

--
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@debian.org>