Re: pkg-perl uploaders field.

On 5/30/05, Allard Hoeve <allard@byte.nl> wrote:

> Hello Gustavo,
>
> > If you're confused it's just what nomeata did with libalias-perl but
> > with a uploaders filled with all current pkg-perl members. How? Check
> > my previous message again.
>
> Joachim fills the Uploaders field so he doesn't have to do NMU's all the
> time. We prefer to have all users contact us through the Alioth mailing
> address, so when one of us is less active for a while, others can pitch
> in. Hence the Group :)

Hi Allard,

I didn't get your "we". I'm part of this group and i've made a small
proposal to change
how the uploaders field is being handled, after Daniel' first reply i
guess that we've discovered together that changing it or not we'll
need to update our policy.

In my previous message, i wrote that change the uploaders field
handling just require us update our documentation and add more
name/e-mail addresses (one for each pkg-perl member) in the uploaders
field, like in libalias-perl, i just used it as a example. Check the
package and read again my first message.

I agree with 'users contact us through the Alioth mailing address', i
didn't asked to remove this e-mail account from maintainer field. The
only thing commented about this e-mail address was something like 'it
isn't documented in our policy'.

--
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@debian.org>