Re: pkg-perl uploaders field.

On 5/30/05, Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> wrote:
> Em Seg, 2005-05-30 às 16:54 -0300, Gustavo Franco escreveu:
> > I'm a qa.d.o/developer.php addicted and pkg-perl uploads without
> > uploaders field well filled can't be traced. There are many packages
> > where the user can open a bug through BTS and blame^W contact a
> > non-maintainer only, i believe that uploaders field will bring more
> > visibility to our users that there are more people behind that
> > package.
>
> Hmmm... I didn't get it.
> All the packages maintained by the Debian Perl Group have the same
> maintainer, which is the group (namely
> pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org)

It's clear now that the documentation needs update. It isn't stated in
policy.txt and/or subversion.html. I looked to some packages before
sending the first message under this topic and i was thinking 'uh, we
have no default'.

> When I want this information, I use
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-perl-maintainers%
> 40lists.alioth.debian.org&comaint=yes

FYI, there are 111 packages in our svn repository and only 90 are
listed at qa.d.o using this e-mail. It's clear that there are some
pkg-perl stuff floating under a different maintainer field (it is not
111-90 due to obvious reasons). I did two uploads (sponsoring) some
weeks ago keeping what was in the svn repository (maintainers field
with the maintainer's name and w/o uploaders).

I still recommend that we use the metainfo stuff cited in the previous
message, updating the documentation and setting the default maintainer
field to: Debian Perl Group
<pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

If you're confused it's just what nomeata did with libalias-perl but
with a uploaders filled with all current pkg-perl members. How? Check
my previous message again.

--
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@debian.org>