Re: pkg-perl uploaders field.

> Am Dienstag, den 31.05.2005, 11:03 +0200 schrieb Allard Hoeve:
> > [ Allard asks Gustavo: ] To clear things up: do you propose listing
> > all members as Uploaders for all packages? Wouldn't that result in a
> > *lot* of Uploaders listed? How many members do we have anyways?
>
> This is what I don't like about the proposal, we'd have a really long
> Uploaders: list.

Ack.

> I suggest that anyone who does anything with a package (inject, modify,
> uupgrade, sponser) a package adds himself to Uploaders:. This way, we
> have an overview who actually worked with what package and still display
> the group membershit property. But that's just an idea, I'd like to hear
> other opinions.

This is exactly what I like about the current practise.

I think that Gustavo has a good point when he says this is an undocumented
practise and I think that he is right when he says it should be
documented. Can we agree on making this practise a policy?

Please see libperl6-export-perl for an example (I made the package,
Joachim checked it, Gunnar updated it).

We could add the following practises into the policy:

* Use the Alioth email address as the Maintainer field.
* When injecting, uploading, modifying, etc., add yourself to the
  Uploaders field. This way users can see who is actually working on a
  package.
* Always add a watchfile to the package for easy version checking. (This
  is automagically done by dh-make-perl nowadays).
* What else?

Regards,

Allard