Re: status update of ocaml 3.06 testing transition.

Sven Luther wrote:

Well, good news, but bad news also ..

I was looking at the postgresql dependencies, (perl 5.8 is not yet in
testing for example) and noticed that libc6 2.3.1 is not yet in testing
also, and has a page full of bugs (13 release critical, many arches out
of sync because of bugs, ...).

Doh! Many showstoppers.

Ocaml 3.06 depends on libc6 2.3.1 (since i had to rebuild ocaml for the
new libc6 because it introduced incompatibilities), as does postgresql,
so altough we sovled our problems, there is no hope of a quick testing
migration, we have to change our plans, here are a few options :

 o suspend the mini-freeze, and continue to work as we did.

I agree.

 o postpone the libdir migration to the sucessfull testing migration.

I agree.

 o do a libdir migrated ocaml package in experimental.

Why not. But we have to be cautious about not closing bugs in
experimental uploads (because uploads to experimental are
considered as standard uploads).