Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

W dniu 06.01.2012 18:51, Sergiusz Pawlowicz pisze:
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 17:15, Russ Allbery<rra@debian.org>  wrote:
Sergiusz Pawlowicz<sergiusz@pawlowicz.name>  writes:

In a home-brew system, it is absolutely a solution. But testing Debian
in an extremely essential service, DNS, on your production servers, is
in my opinion, not acceptable.
If you have a Debian production environment of any appreciable size, it's
well worth the effort to set up your own local repository.  At Stanford,????
we end up wanting to backport random things, add local packages, or import
packages from testing or unstable into stable all the time, and use our
local repository extensively for that.
Yes, it is possible, but if there is no bug, I prefer to have a
package inside the distro,
as by the scale of project, it is always possible other bugs can be
detected by other users.

Forking a project is always more risky.

You learned us that there are unmaintained packages... what's more risky?

regards
fEnIo