Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 16:21, Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:

> Last year I also couldn't work on Debian for a few months, there are also
> other DDs, DMs and so on which have to spend more time to their private
> life/work/trouble.
> Do you want to say, that all those people should give up Debian?

Absolutely not, they should not give up Debian, they just give up
package maintaining if they are not maintaining them.

It is simple like that, and if you ask me what should you do if you
plan not to maintain a package for few months, you should simply do
the same, unregister from being a maintainer until you are back.

S.