Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 17:09, Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:

> So if you would have a fractured leg and can't work for a few months you
> would resign your job? It is simple like that.

Not me, the job would resign itself - it is pretty common in the UK if
you are not capable to fulfill your duties, you are loosing your job.
It is not a duty of your employer to take care of your health, but
your insurer.

> But back to the topic: Michael worked on it, you not, what now?

"Worked" it is a good word, opposite to "is working".

> There is no requirement to orphan a package just because you are
> temporary N/A or can't fix an single issue.

And this is why not all take their commitment seriously. In my world,
I would give up, if I have no time.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 16:56, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> totally wrong.
>
> as simple as that

... and a lot of strong arguments follow, but they disappeared in mail transit.

S.