Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

Am 04.01.2012 17:51, schrieb Sergiusz Pawlowicz:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 16:21, Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Last year I also couldn't work on Debian for a few months, there are also
>> other DDs, DMs and so on which have to spend more time to their private
>> life/work/trouble.
>> Do you want to say, that all those people should give up Debian?
>
> Absolutely not, they should not give up Debian, they just give up
> package maintaining if they are not maintaining them.

Most DDs and DMs are only participating to Debian with their packaging
work, so this is nearly the same.

> It is simple like that, and if you ask me what should you do if you
> plan not to maintain a package for few months, you should simply do
> the same, unregister from being a maintainer until you are back.

So if you would have a fractured leg and can't work for a few months you
would resign your job? It is simple like that.

But back to the topic: Michael worked on it, you not, what now?

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org
*/