Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 03:27:32PM +0000, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:

> Dear Thomas, yes, I am preparing a research in relation with #516394,
> but it will take some time, because, as you have observed, it is
> related more to psychology then engineering.
>
> What I wanted to share, is my observation that instead of distribution
> focused team, we have now a social club, which maybe is good for its
> members, but not for anybody else, especially someone who wants to
> have an efficiently working server/workstation.

For someone who has joined Debian three days ago (by your own admission)
this is not something you are in a position to properly evaluate.
The "focus" of the members of the Debian project (Debian Developers
and Maintainers) is something you don't seem to grasp. I suggest you
study the Debian philosophical documents:

http://www.debian.org/social_contract
http://www.debian.org/intro/free
http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution

and the packaging and policy documents:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/

--

Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?