Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator

Hi Emilien (2011.04.19_00:41:32_+0200)
> I have also taken steps to use dh_python2, using information found at
> [1] and [2]. Please confirm that the package is being built as
> intended.

Looks reasonable.

Drop the unnecessary preinst (it's a new package, not one migrating from
pycentral to pysupport).

Drop the unecessary unexports from debian/rules.

I'd suggest breaking the dh_install && into two lines (make will fail if
any line fails)

Instead of your auto_build and auto_install overrides, I'd simply do:

override_dh_auto_install:
	dh_auto_install -- --install-lib=/usr/share/nautilus-image-manipulator \
	                   --install-scripts=/usr/share/nautilus-image-manipulator

> I see that dpkg-gencontrol (from dh_gencontrol) complains that both
> ${shlibs:Depends} and ${python:Provides} are unknown. Should those be
> removed from debian/control?

Yes, sounds sensible.
Especially Provides: ${python:Provides} (the Debian python policy
explains what it's for, although rather poorly)

> (or might something currently be broken in sid?

Indeed, I'm guessing you ran into the Python 2.7 transition which just
kicked off. Looks like you need to wait for python-gtk2 to be rebuilt,
build in a wheezy chroot / pbuilder until then.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/