Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator

Julien,

> This is the wrong approach: you cannot rely on the orig tarball being in ../
> - also what would happen in case you have various orig tarballs there?
>
> eg. I use pbuilder, hence my tarballs are in ~/debian/tarballs…
>
> Why not simply try and avoid i18n files to be updated or, even easier, make
> a copy of the original .pot file and restore it in clean?

I would indeed prefer for the pot file to not be updated, but it is
updated directly by DistUtilsExtra when running the install target. I
will submit a bug report to the DistUtilsExtra team to have that
behavior changed. In the meantime I see no option to disable it (that
was actually the first step I checked).

Where should I make a copy of the original .pot file to have it
restored on the next clean?
I am thinking of such an algorithm:

- in clean, check if a copy of the original .pot file exists:
* if it exists, restore it
* if it does not, create a copy to be used for the next run.

Is there a standard location to back files up during the packaging
process? Or is there some kind of variable that would point to the
original tarball, so that I could adapt my current algorithm and not
use "../" ? I would think that such a variable exist, otherwise with
which resource was the automatic patch created? It must have compared
the current source with the original source, right?

> Also, your package still doesn't use dh_python2 (while not a *must*, I think
> it is the better thing to do).

OK, I will try to find information about how to do this (in the
resource you pointed me to I didn't find any info related to that).

I will also update my Standards-Version to 3.9.2 as Niels Thykier was
mentioning.

Thanks,
    +Emilien

P.S.: Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to the mentors list.