Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator

Paul Gevers, Julien Valroff,

I've created the package both with debuild and pdebuild. The latter
made me realize I needed more build dependencies (pkg-config,
python-nautilus) that where used by the `python setup.py install`
command. The package was building OK, but since those packages where
not available at install time, the setup script was not creating the
Nautilus extension...

Regarding the automatic patches created, i was able to trace its creation:
`python setup.py install` automatically rebuilds the i18n files. In
doing so, it updates the .pot translation template IN the source
files. This is OK the first time you create the package, no patch is
added to the debian package. However, if you create the package a
second time, since the .pot file has been modified with respect to the
source tarball, the builder tools will create a patch, thinking that
the change was made on purpose/manually.

In order to address this, I added a command to override_dh_clean that
extracts the .pot file from the .orig.tar.gz tarball and replaces the
eventually modified .pot file in the source directory. That way, when
cleaning the build environment, the .pot file is the same as what was
shipped in the source tarball.

Also, I have installed Squeeze in a VM. Since running the packaging in
Debian directly, Lintian is not complaining anymore about using a too
recent Standards-Version. With that, all 3 of Julien's initials
comments [0] have now been addressed, and the package is now looking
good!

Can you please check my updated package [1]? Thanks!

Cheers!
    +Emilien

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/03/msg00384.html
[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nautilus-image-manipulator/