Re: Yaml-cpp now in collab-maint git (Was: Maintaining yaml-cpp in collab-maint? (Was: [MoM] Packaging OpenSurgSim))

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015, at 01:59 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Technically yes, but I would like you to add DEP3[1] headers at least to
> the patches you added / changed.  Lintian -i -I will tell you that the
> headers are missing.  I consider them important for other Debian
> maintainers who joing the collab-maint project as well as for upstream
> if you want to forward the patches.  Since I want to teach proper
> packaging in MoM I would insist on these DEP3 headers. :-)

I added the DEP3 headers and pushed the changes to the github repo. I
also sent the patches upstream to yaml-cpp. I indicated the bug report I
put the patches in in the Bug field. I wasn't 100% sure if this should
go in the "Bug" or "Forwarded" field, but it seemed like "Bug" was most
appropriate.

I think I got the formatting right, but "lintian -i -I" still gives me a
"quilt-patch-missing-description" for all three of the patch files I
added. So not sure if I did it correctly.

-Paul