Re: Yaml-cpp now in collab-maint git (Was: Maintaining yaml-cpp in collab-maint? (Was: [MoM] Packaging OpenSurgSim))

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015, at 09:50 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 08:07:37PM -0500, paul@paulnovo.us wrote:
> >
> > Please grant access for Paul Novotny (paulnovo-guest) to
> > collab-maint. We are going to work together on project yaml-cpp.
>
> Did you heard anything or tried whether its working now?  Should I ping
> again?  If the delay might be to large Icould forward patches to get
> this settled in a decent time frame.

I have not heard anything. I just tried again, and I don't have
permission. I have, however, moved forward on packaging yaml-cpp. They
still haven't released a new version, but I imported the latest source
from their repository that includes the patches I need for OpenSurgSim.
I was unsure how to name this version, but I noticed in the Debian
repository some versions include a +svn20150101 or +git20150101
extension to the version. Since yaml-cpp uses mercurial, and I fetched
the source on February 10th, I set the source version to
0.5.1+hg20150210.

I also fixed a couple bugs in yaml-cpp that caused build failures and
added them as quilt patches. If you would like to take a look, I pushed
my changes to github. Feel free to push this to collab-maint, if this is
easier than forwarding patches.

  https://github.com/paulnovo/yaml-cpp-debian

Next, I plan to add this new yaml-cpp package as a build-dep of
OpenSurgSim, instead of OpenSurgSim downloading the source of yaml-cpp
on its own.

Thanks for your help,
-Paul