Maintaining yaml-cpp in collab-maint? (Was: [MoM] Packaging OpenSurgSim)

Hi Lifeng,

Paul tries to build a package which needs a newer version of yaml-cpp.
Upstream has accepted his patches as he wrote in his mail to the
Debian Med mailing list[1]

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 08:45:05PM -0500, paul@paulnovo.us wrote:

> > > OK, I contacted the yaml-cpp maintainer and offered help.
> >
> > OK.  Just let us know if nothing will happen after a time span that fits
> > your plan.
>
> Haven't heard anything yet, I sent a message to
> yaml-cpp@packages.debian.org. Although the new version of yaml-cpp
> hasn't been released yet anyways. I do see that the yaml-cpp package is
> outdated, as you mentioned, is it worth spending time updating it?

I would volunteer to inject it into collab-maint Git except Lifeng might
not agree with this.  Once it is in Git we could update the packaging
and ask Lifeng for confirmation for the group maintenance or whether he
likes to upload himself.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2015/01/msg00061.html