Re: Tasks pages (close to) fixed; Bibref does not seem to be updated automatically

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:04:37AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> this is synergistic with my work, while this development on debian/upstream is
> not, and therefore it only progresses on week-ends.

OK, info taken.

> Tasks like med-bio are not manageable anymore in my opinion.  We are dumping a
> linear list of packages, but with the bibliographic information, it is very
> difficult to review and organise their contents.

Fully ACK (if not I would not try to push that hard).

> Let's use the current
> gatherer to solve that problem first.

As we agreed in a previous mail:  Please try to provide original
upstream files at some publicly downloadable location (git or http) and
I'll care for pushing these into UDD.  Later we can discuss how we can
gain for completeness - both tasks can be perfectly separated.

> > I would add the following specification for the gatherer:
> >
> >   1. Fetches *all* available debian/upstream files
> >   2. Does this automatically (= without manual triggering)
>
> It is not as simple as a two-point list.  But you can prove me wrong.

May be I'm doing some to strong simplification - I just wanted to save
time and kept it short.  But as I said we can work on the collecting
upstream files completely independently from the task to import those
files into UDD.