Re: Tasks pages (close to) fixed; Bibref does not seem to be updated automatically

Le Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 04:53:40PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I noticed this.  I just verified the current data in UDD and noticed
> that some packages are lacking information even if the upstream file
> just has it (for instance mira-assembler has only DOI in UDD).  May be
> we could track this down than.

The Umegaya gatherer is not actively monitoring our repositories.  I do not
know how much it would load the Alioth machines.  The way Umegaya works is that
when it is queried, it tries to refresh its information if it is older than an
arbitrary age (currently 60 s).

If the package is not yet in the Umegaya database, it attempts to discover its
VCS URL using debcheckout.  If this fails, no information is loaded.  But of
course there is a plan B.

Umegaya has a command-line interface, through which it is possible to indicate
a VCS URL for a package with the --register option.   And this one will be
remembered when refreshing.  This is enough for the tasks pages:

 - If the package is in our archives, we know its URL through debcheckout.
 - If it is not, the task file provides a Vcs field.

Here is how to register all Svn-managed packages in the 'bio' task file, for
instance.

  for url in $(grep 'Vcs-[SG]' bio | cut -f2 -d' ') ; do  umegaya-adm --register $url ; done

Unfortunately, I do not have time to finish today, but I hope I am convincing
you that I am almost done.

The next steps:

 - Install the umegaya debian package on debian-med.debian.net.
 - Give proper permissions to the members of the blends group.
 - Register the packages in our tasks.
 - Create the bibref tables.
 - Point upstream-metadata.debian.net to debian-med.debian.net.

Post-scriptum:

> IMHO a
>
>     find <SVN-checkout> -type f -name upstream
>
> as well as
>
>     find /git/debian-med -type f -name upstream

for repo in /git/debian-med/*.git ; do (cd $repo ; git ls-tree master debian/ | grep 'debian/upstream$' > /dev/null && echo "$repo"); done | sed -e 's|/git/debian-med/||' -e 's|.git$||'
ball
beeswarm
bwa
clustalw
clustalx
cufflinks
emboss
libbio-graphics-perl
perlprimer
r-bioc-cummerbund
r-bioc-edger
r-bioc-limma
samtools
fatal: Not a valid object name master
tophat

(The fatal error on stderr comes from sitplus.git, where no branch is called
master.)

For debian-science, the search revealed only rasmol, where the file is still
called upstream-metadata.yaml

Cheers,

--
Charles