Re: Tasks pages (close to) fixed; Bibref does not seem to be updated automatically

Le Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 08:45:00AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> From my perceptions this case is one more prove for the fact that
> debcheckout for our purpose is weaker than directly inspecting VCS
> content.

Hi Andreas,

the two approaches have symmetrical flaws:

 - VCS URLs may be wrong, causing some packages to be missed.

 - VCS can contain obsolete copies of packages transferred somewhere else,
   causing incorrect data to be provided.

Using version strings could solve some of the conflicts, but possibly not all,
and would increase the complexity of the gathering system.  Basically, it means
to restart everything from scratch, except for agreeing on the convention to
use debian/upstream with a YAML syntax.

Do you have another solution in mind ?

Cheers,

--