Re: Nuitka - GPLv3 plus contribution copyright assignment

Kay Hayen, 2012-01-06 11:27+0100:
>> I would expect, and encourage, people to fork the work and maintain it
>> with the same license for all parties, without any such contributor
>> agreement.
>
> I would normally agree with such stance.
>
> But why would one have the goal to keep Nuitka under GPLv3 for long, and
> if the main contributors and about everybody else won't have it either?

For what I see, the right question would rather be: why would one have
the goal to distribute Nuitka under GPL for a while, and then switch to
Apache? I mean, honestly, your goal is weird, so seing someone fork it
to maintain it under the GPL would seem pretty normal in comparison.

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>
| `-'    Debian Developer