Re: Nuitka - GPLv3 plus contribution copyright assignment

Kay Hayen <kayhayen@gmx.de> writes:

> I want everybody to receive under "GPLv3" and then to contribute back by
> default under "GPLv3 and Apache license 2.0", or optionally under "GPLv3"
> only.

At whose option?

Since you're asking for opinions: I would reject the first option. If
you want to receive people's contributions under both Apache 2.0 and GPL
3.0, it's unfair to deny one of those options to recipients when you
distribute those contributions.

I would expect, and encourage, people to fork the work and maintain it
with the same license for all parties, without any such contributor
agreement.

If you're saying you are happy for everyone, yourself included, to
receive any derived work under GPL 3.0, with no party required to grant
some special license as a condition of contributing, then I have no
objection to that.

--
 \        “That's the essence of science: Ask an impertinent question, |
  `\            and you're on the way to the pertinent answer.” —Jacob |