Re: Nuitka - GPLv3 plus contribution copyright assignment

Kay Hayen <kayhayen@gmx.de> writes:

> And it should address what MJ said, because that way, new code is
> under "ASF2.0" for everybody pretty automatic.

Is that your intent? If so, I don't know why the license is not ASF 2.0
from the start.

On the other hand, if you want everyone to receive the work under GPL
3.0 but *not* have the freedom to re-license, then the above intent
seems contradictory.

> That way, my only "unfairness" is to not put my work under GPLv3, a
> right that I offer everybody else too though.

I am quite confused by this, probably due to the apparent contradiction
above.

--
 \        “Some people, when confronted with a problem, think ‘I know, |
  `\       I'll use regular expressions’. Now they have two problems.” |