Re: Monitor system (was: Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the dtc package

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 05:14:43PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> On 10/07/2008, at 8:48 AM, Nicolas François wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:22:38PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Yes, I see what you mean. I thought the Manuals directory might be a
> good source for po4a, but currently, only the Release Notes, Reference
> Card and Developers' Reference are using po4a. The Debian FAQ is
> working towards it. I'd really like to see more of the docs using
> po4a, because that would attract more translations, and make it easier
> to update the translations we do have.

I told you already in the past that adding PO support for a new language
is done in one minute. You don't need to depend on "upstream" support
for it as the Release Notes projects demonstrates (only a single
Makefile has to be added which contains some po4s specific targets).
It's fairly simple (at least it was for Release Notes).

So just say: I want to work on ... Please send me the PO file. That
should be all.

(Of course the package maintainer would need to add a new po4a
dependency but I'm sure this would never be a problem. Because of a po4a
bug (wrong return value) generated SGML/XML files are currently
checked in beside .po as well for DDP documents.)

Jens