Re: Po-debconf templates

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:55:47AM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

> Christian Perrier wrote:
> :::::: Martin did some work in the dl10n Alioth project and
> :::::: I currently use dl10n to monitor po-debconf
> :::::: translation work for fr dans post "[TAF]" calls
> :::::: (Traduction A Faire==Work To Do).
>
> :::: I've added to the wiki [1] a proposal tag called "NEW"
> :::: that should cover this. I feel that would be better to
> :::: have non-localized tags in order to have an easier
> :::: task when we will try to expand these things into the
> :::: unified translation framework (tm).
>
> :: Sure. But you'll have hard time having us abandon our
> :: funny TAF tag (it plays with words as in french slang,
> :: "avoir du taf" means "have some work to do"). :-)
>
> 	Why not use "TAF" as an 'honorable mention'? :)
>
> 	French l10n team is one of the most active (together
> with ca/es/nl). They already use it, we could use it too, it
> is not hard to learn. :) I should say that we can add an
> alternative option, use NEW or TAF, but there is no reason,
> could be anything, and with the pseudo-urls explanation, it
> is easy to use and understand (and keep our "hacker spirit of
> fun").

This feature is already implemented in dl10n-spider, the program in charge
of parsing the ML archive for messages indicating translation status. Here
are the last lines of this program:

# The folowing are the valid synonims. For example, we sometimes use
# [Relu] where we should use [lcfc] on the french ML.
__DATA__
ddr:rfr
relu:lcfc
rfr:ddr
lcfc:relu

Add "taf:new" to the list, and you're set.

Please don't reinvent it...

Thanks Mt.