Re: Po-debconf templates

On 5/19/05, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> > [1] http://dutch.debian.net (I think these scripts are in the process of
> > being merged into the Dennis' scripts?)
>

> It's a long time since we discuss this..:-)
>
> Martin did some work in the dl10n Alioth project and I currently use
> dl10n to monitor po-debconf translation work for fr dans post "[TAF]"
> calls (Traduction A Faire==Work To Do).

I've added to the wiki [1] a proposal tag called "NEW" that should cover this.
I feel that would be better to have non-localized tags in order to
have an easier task when we will try to expand these things into the
unified translation framework (tm).

I really like the way the page looks at [2] and it offers a lot of
info in such a condensed form.

Is there a way to expand this kind of statistics to other languages,
too? (Thinking about RO here :D )

> Merging this in Denis scripts which generate the "official" status
> pages is still to be done.

Please, think big, or should I say bigger.

> This would need to grab information about the teams using the
> dutch/french status system with control messages posted to the mailing
> lists.

Is this status system implemented for french, too? Where? Can RO have that, too?
How about a central place, not some scattered servers?

> This would also need to document this system (IIRC the Dutch team has
> some documentation about it....the french team hasn't).

That would be realy helpful for other teams, too, if a centralized
thing is not possible yet.
How about putting to work for this task one or two of those Debian's
machines that were put offline.

I saw that there were a few of them.

> Indeed, it seems that we're still seeking a volunteer to drive all
> this....:)

this = ? (excuse my ignorance, please)

[1] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?l10nCoordination
[2] http://dutch.debian.net