Re: GNOME 2 in unstable announcement

Le Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 10:52:20PM -0400, Joe Drew écrivait:
> I think that given the backlash that's likely to happen, your upcoming
> GNOME 2.0.1 upload should continue to have the *2 packages, offering us
> the ability to later roll it into unstable (when transitions are more
> established) and then into testing (when transitions are rock-solid).

No !

Stop kidding ! Look at the user reactions we had on this list, most
unstable users are happy with G2D. It's only Jeff Waugh who keeps
annoying us by announcing the end of the world once G2D is in unstable.

There's no way we're going to complicate our life with twice the
packages in unstable (asking for a lot of work from the ftpmasters
BTW).

I agree that announcing the plan on -devel-announce is a good idea so
that users  who absolutely wants G1.4 can switch to sarge right now.

> This is a small amount of work for us but if users really will go nuts
> over it (depending on how good the transition is to begin with) I think

They won't go nuts.

Cheers,