Re: GNOME 2 in unstable announcement

<quote who="Raphael Hertzog">

> It's only Jeff Waugh who keeps annoying us by announcing the end of the
> world once G2D is in unstable.

Specifically on that point, I am horrifyingly keen to see G2D in unstable.

Having spent the last 12 months or so being deeply involved in the G2D
release process as coordinator of the release team, I am leaping out of my
skin to see it being shipped with the next release of every major
distribution (Red Hat, Mandrake, United Linux, Debian, etc).

Being a Debian user, I'm keen to see it implimented brilliantly for my
choice of OS.

So, if both of these things mean I'm being annoying by suggesting a
different strategy, that's a bummer, but I'd hope that this upstream [1]
advice from an especially interested party is given some notice. I should
also point out Bastien Nocera's comments on the current strategy, given his
active and valued involvement in the GNOME community.

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] I've deferred my NM numerous times due to my GNOME work - much to poor
Jordi's frustration!

--
   "She sped into the parking lot, the door flew open and there she was,
   dressed only in a black bathing suit and sunglasses. I got in and she