Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 10:12:04PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Can I build cview using --extra-package and pointing to the local cbind
> > package. Then do an upload to mentors/salsa and follow the usual upload
> > workflow?
>
> Yes

This is done, and pushed everything to salsa and mentors. It is skipping
building binaries since they are used for tests it seems and not in the
actual package.

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cview
https://mentors.debian.net/package/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cview/

> > In regards to Amfora, the current HEAD in github is updated to the new
> > rocketnine repo for cbind/cview. However the 1.8.0 release is from Feb
> > that does not have this change.
>
> Simply patch it to use new path? I think in migration, the only change
> would've be in import pth, and nothing else.
>
> Since you mention HEAD, simply cherry pick the relevant commit for
> codenine rocket change, and apply as a debian patch[1]

Thank you for the pointers on patching and I'll do that to account for
the new deps and package the latest point release (1.8.0) of Amfora in
the next couple of days.

--
Micheal Waltz
https://keybase.io/ecliptik