Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 01:49:26PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> > > Can you please push this to salsa?
> >
> > The salsa repo is up-to-date. I just added the debian/gitlab-ci.yml
> > a few minutes ago.
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cbind
>
> Alright, I'll take a look in a while.

Thank you for the upload to NEW.

My next step here is packaging cview, which uses cbind as a dependency.

Can I build cview using --extra-package and pointing to the local cbind
package. Then do an upload to mentors/salsa and follow the usual upload
workflow?

The same thing with Amfora then, when cview is packaged I can then do
--extra-package for the deps that are in NEW and not fully uploaded into
the archive?

In regards to Amfora, the current HEAD in github is updated to the new
rocketnine repo for cbind/cview. However the 1.8.0 release is from Feb
that does not have this change.

I spoke with upstream about a timeline for a 1.9.0 release and there is
no plans for it soon. So in order to package Amfora with these newer
godeps we'll need to package from HEAD instead of a release.

Is this okay? I'd prefer to use a point release when possible but would
like to use a newer codebase for the package instead of one from a few
months ago.

Thank you,

--
Micheal Waltz