Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

On 4 April 2021 9:47:33 am IST, Micheal Waltz <ecliptik@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 02:34:53AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 01:49:26PM -0700, Micheal Waltz wrote:
>> > For now I'll work on packaging cbind using rocketnine, ITP, salsa,
>etc
>> > to get it prepped.
>>
>> Yo, cool - thanks.
>
>I spoke with upstream a bit, and cbind and cview are both on the new
>site and the gitlab repos are archived and are no longer maintained,
>
>https://code.rocketnine.space/tslocum/cview
>https://code.rocketnine.space/tslocum/cbind
>
>Should I just start the whole ITP/RFS over again from scratch?

No, retitle the bugs

> In the
>mentors IRC channel there was a suggestion to retitle the original ITP
>bugs to keep track of history.

Indeed

>I feel though that it may be easier to
>close them out and just start at the beginning so there's not much
>confusion.

Why? When you retitle just sent an explanation to the bug for why that's being done - you should be just fine

>What about the Salsa repos?
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cbind
>https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cview
>
>I was going to take the debian/ dirs and use those (with the update
>name/repo),

Yes, that should be done.

>but should the repos be deleted? I looked in the Gitlab UI

They can be renamed, but I think its simply cleaner to purge and start freash

>but didn't see the option to remove it, and assume my account doesn't
>have the privilege. What's the recommend way to remove these?

Someone with owner permissions in the golang team should remove it. Both me and you don't have those permissions yet.
Ask in IRC once so someone may do it.