Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

Hi Micheal,

On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 05:09:03PM -0700, Micheal Waltz wrote:

> > >Yes, that should be done.
>
> This is done, used dh-make-golang to create the new repos from the new
> upstream source and pushed initial packaging changes.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cbind
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cview

Great

> > >They can be renamed, but I think its simply cleaner to purge and start
> > >freash
>
> I've re-titled the ITP to match the new package name and updated the bug
> with an explanation and link to this thread.

Fair, but just note, you could have also retitled it directly in the
explanation email.

The header of mail should be "control: retitle -1 <New title>" - there
was no need for two mails which you likely did (one to control@b.d.o and
another to bug)

For sure, it is OK for now.

> > >Someone with owner permissions in the golang team should remove it.
> > >Both me and you don't have those permissions yet.
> > >Ask in IRC once so someone may do it.
> >
> > I think I've the access to remove them now. Please push the new namespace ones and ping me, and I'll remove the Gitlab repos for cbind and cview
> These old repos can be deleted now from salsa as the new ones are
> created and updated. I also have local copies if I need them for
> reference for some reason.

Alright, pruned.

> I've re-packaged cbind with the new upstream and it's on mentors
> and a new RFS is created if you could please review.

Can you please push this to salsa?

Admittedly I'm more comfortable reviewing from salsa than mentors.d.n
because commits are structured, changes can be reviewed systematically,
I can simply push my changes there, and it also becomes a central
location for team maintainance.

> RFS: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=986390

Opening a RFS bug is not really needed for these packages (I'm willing
to sponsor it all), but thanks for doing this anyway!

Nilesh