Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 12:54:43AM -0700, Micheal Waltz wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 12:52:38PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Hi Micheal,
> > The header of mail should be "control: retitle -1 <New title>" - there
> > was no need for two mails which you likely did (one to control@b.d.o and
> > another to bug)
> >
> > For sure, it is OK for now.
>
> I did sort of try to do this by sending mail to control, but it gave
> some errors about not being able to process the explanation lines.

So if you are sending email to control@b.d.o, the keyword "thanks" is
used to stop processing, otherwise it keeps on parsing the mail below.
If you wanted to send command + explanation there, your content of mail
should have been like:

retitle 985180 ITP: golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cbind -- Key event handling Golang library for tcell
thanks

<Rest of the explanation>

> The BTS workflow is still confusing even after reading the docs. When
> you mean "header of mail", do you mean I could have sent an email to the
> bug (eg 985182@bugs.debian.org) with the first line of the body,
> "control: retitle -1 <New title>", as the psuedo-header, then below it
> in the body the explanation?

This is exactly what I meant. See this for example:

> Or is there a special email header itself, similar to the X-Debbugs-CC
> email header to CC Debian lists?
>
> > > I've re-packaged cbind with the new upstream and it's on mentors
> > > and a new RFS is created if you could please review.
> >
> > Can you please push this to salsa?
>
> The salsa repo is up-to-date. I just added the debian/gitlab-ci.yml
> a few minutes ago.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cbind

Alright, I'll take a look in a while.

> The gitlab pipelines always seem to fail too. The one job,
> test_the_archive, gets a timeout and there's no log or other info to say
> why it's getting stuck.

The gitlab runners are working fine, however the runner specifically for
golang team is down. It's been a while now and someone *really* needs to fix this
I get two occurences of runners when I grep the IRC logs

<_hc>: mapreri: do you know who runs the go-team CI runners?
<zhsj>: it's stapelberg, who is no longer active here. you can just ignore these failures. someday it will work.

and

<olasd>: zhsj: I guess you would also be able to disable the buggy CI runner from the team config too, as you're an owner on salsa: > https://salsa.debian.org/groups/go-team/-/settings/ci_cd and look for "chuchi" in the "Runners" pulldown menu
<zhsj>: however they are configured on each repo... and someone needs to fix the whole things.
<olash>: are they? IME runners are usually setup on the team level and you can disable them there (which will make your jobs run on the globally shared infra)

I'm not sure what exactly is the state, hopefully a team member can
chime in here

> I'm guessing maybe the gitlab runners setup for the project aren't
> processing jobs? Is there a good place to find out more info on
> this?

I suppose it is partly answered by my reply above

For more info,
You can find the pipeline configs here: https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline
And the repo which manages runners and stuff is likely this: https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/salsa-ansible

> I manage Gitlab CI/CD pipelines at my dayjob and would like
> to understand more about how this is all setup in Debian Gitlab
> overall.

Great! Let me know if you need something else.