Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 02:34:53AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 01:49:26PM -0700, Micheal Waltz wrote:
> > For now I'll work on packaging cbind using rocketnine, ITP, salsa, etc
> > to get it prepped.
>
> Yo, cool - thanks.

I spoke with upstream a bit, and cbind and cview are both on the new
site and the gitlab repos are archived and are no longer maintained,

https://code.rocketnine.space/tslocum/cview
https://code.rocketnine.space/tslocum/cbind

Should I just start the whole ITP/RFS over again from scratch? In the
mentors IRC channel there was a suggestion to retitle the original ITP
bugs to keep track of history. I feel though that it may be easier to
close them out and just start at the beginning so there's not much
confusion.

What about the Salsa repos?

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cbind
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cview

I was going to take the debian/ dirs and use those (with the update
name/repo), but should the repos be deleted? I looked in the Gitlab UI
but didn't see the option to remove it, and assume my account doesn't
have the privilege. What's the recommend way to remove these?

--
Micheal Waltz
https://keybase.io/ecliptik