Re: Packaging for cbind/cview

On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 12:11:16PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> On 4 April 2021 11:16:33 am IST, Nilesh Patra <nilesh@riseup.net> wrote:
> >>What about the Salsa repos?
> >>
> >>https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cbind
> >>https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-gitlab-tslocum-cview
> >>
> >>I was going to take the debian/ dirs and use those (with the update
> >>name/repo),
> >
> >Yes, that should be done.

This is done, used dh-make-golang to create the new repos from the new
upstream source and pushed initial packaging changes.

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cbind
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cview

> >>but should the repos be deleted? I looked in the Gitlab UI
> >
> >They can be renamed, but I think its simply cleaner to purge and start
> >freash

I've re-titled the ITP to match the new package name and updated the bug
with an explanation and link to this thread.

> >>but didn't see the option to remove it, and assume my account doesn't
> >>have the privilege. What's the recommend way to remove these?
> >
> >Someone with owner permissions in the golang team should remove it.
> >Both me and you don't have those permissions yet.
> >Ask in IRC once so someone may do it.
>
> I think I've the access to remove them now. Please push the new namespace ones and ping me, and I'll remove the Gitlab repos for cbind and cview
These old repos can be deleted now from salsa as the new ones are
created and updated. I also have local copies if I need them for
reference for some reason.

I've re-packaged cbind with the new upstream and it's on mentors
and a new RFS is created if you could please review.

RFS: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=986390
https://mentors.debian.net/package/golang-code.rocketnine-tslocum-cbind/

Thank you,

--