Re: Q: Raid-5 Controller (Hardware aquiration)

Am 2004-07-20 20:18:08, schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:

>Yes, I've noticed some people have an impressive trust in hardware
>raid.  When we decided to use software raid on

:-)
I am using masiv UDMA Controlers from 3Ware
and they have never leaved me alone...

>with software raid, we were able to get information about the status
>of the raid, while with HW raid we didn't find any sensible tools to
>administrate it.

Toole to get states of HW controle can you get on the Manufacturere
Homepage.

>> Have a look at IPC Vortex controllers they are (mostly) working out
>> of the box.
>
>Which kernel driver are these using?  Could you provide some info for
>my page at
><URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/delprosjekt/hw-raid-info.html>?

You get the Modules and tools directly from the IPC/Vortex Website,
but AFAIK you mut gegistered USER of IPC/Vortex Hardware to get access
I have one IPC/Vortex since 2001 running. OK, it was realy expensive,
but never had problems. It safes much trouble which I do not like.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi