Re: Q: Raid-5 Controller (Hardware aquiration)

Hi Finn-Arne,

thanks for sharing your experience - I don't think we'll use a DAC
controller.

On Monday 19 July 2004 22:58, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> I would opt for some well supported SCSI controller, with hotswap
> disks, and set up SWRaid. You still have to read the mail on the main
> server, unless you send your messages elsewere, but it's easy to
> monitor the staus of the raid.

Does this mean you'd plea to use a plain SCSI PCI controller and doing
RAID-5(?) as software solution? Is it a problem to get a message if a
hardware Raid controller detects a disk failure?

Thanks for any clarification :)
regards
Ralf
--