Re: Doubts/suggestions with event organization(MiniDebConf '14)

Hi shirish,

On 13/08/14 at 10:22 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> in-line :-
>
> On 8/13/14, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> > Yes it should be debian centric, because we talked with DPL told him
> > Debian will benefit from this and now making theme as something else
> > than Debian is not agreeable. Either don't use fund from Debian and name
> > miniDebconf or make it more and more Debian specific.

Yes, I agree with the above: Debian can only support this event if it's
centered on Debian. $6000 is quite a lot of money for Debian, and not
something we can spend on non-Debian-centric events.

However, if you want to make it non-Debian-centric, Debian could maybe
just pay flights for one or two DDs that will give talks during the
event.

Lucas