Doubts/suggestions with event organization(MiniDebConf '14)
As the date for the MiniDebConf draws nearer and nearer, I think it's about time that we made swift progress and considering how/where we started, we've made considerable progress I believe.
We at Amritapuri are currently working on attracting sponsors for the event while at the same time preparing a rough budget and agenda for the event. These things, as you'd know, with any event are of utmost importance. In order to get an idea on the rough estimate and prepare agenda etc, I'd like to ask for clarification on a few things. They are as follows :
- Will the MiniDebConf have a registration fees ? If yes, how much ? It would be nice if we could add options for participants to register as early bird tickets etc in the website. That's something that I'd personally like to see, but let me know what you think of the same.
- Will the Debian community come up with T-shirts for the event, or will they have to be given for printing ?
- Does Debian have certificate template for such events ?
- Should we consider conducting night-long hackathons in a MiniDebConf ? Is anyone(someone with prior experience in conducting one, if possible) willing to volunteer ?
- I know the DebConf is a technical event and hence I'm asking this. Would it be fine to host some cultural events(music and dance perhaps) ? It might however, be a better idea to host a dinner party IMHO. Let me know your take on the same.
Other than these, I'd like to stress that we're in need of sponsors, be it Debian or someone else. We could do with some help from one in all in this regard(help in finding sponsors).
That's all I can think of for the moment. I'll add to this thread if I require clarifications on anything in the future.