Re: debiandoc to docbook conversion situation full review (1st try)

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 06:27:37PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> >   Sections may be more convenient than numbered sections in some
> >   authoring environments because they can be moved around in the
> >   document hierarchy without renaming.
> >
> > I don't supposed it's possible to have a switch that will allow the
> > author to choose?
>
> You mean conversion table switchable XSLT.  It is possible with a hack.
> I used cpp so now parent of all XSLT can be one file for easy
> maintenance.  All I have to do is add another definition and #ifdef :)

Actually, I mean a settable XSL parameter.  I know for a fact that
XSLT has such parameters and we should exploit them.  I'm quite sure
with proper use of XSL we can expurgate any of this pre-processing.

> I an now switching between book and article.

I noticed that.  It seems gross. Is this really necessary?  Not really
very familiar with XSL, but I'm sure it can know whether the root
document instance is a book or article in the code itself?  You've got
your style in two places (article.xml and book.xml) and I'm sure you
don't have to, and this makes it harder to maintain.