debiandoc to docbook conversion situation full review (1st try)

Thanks for following up, Adam.

errata
 wrong:   replacable
 correct: replaceable

It will be nice if all these automatic translation table is completed
with alternative tag list.  (This table shall be the part of "best
practice guide for debian DDP guideline to keep xml documents
consistent.)  I am reading DebianDoc-SGML guide and...

+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| debiandoc tag | standard docbook-xml tag  | alternative docbook-xml tag |
| (original)    | (automatically translated) |  (manually adjusted)       |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| book          | book                      |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| title         | title                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| author        | author                    |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| name          | firstname+surname         |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| email         | email (only for author)   |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| version       | releaseinfo               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| abstract      | abstract+para             |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| copyright     | copyright                 |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| toc           | ??? (defined)             |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| chapt         | chapter                   |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| appendix      | appendix                  |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| sect          | sect1                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| sect1         | sect2                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| sect2         | sect3                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| sect3         | sect4                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| sect4         | sect5                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| p             | para                      |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| em            | emphasis                  |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| strong        | emphasis role="strong"    | emphasis role="bold"        |
|               |                           | (should it be alternative?) |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| var           | replaceable               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| package       | systemitem role="package" |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| prgn          | command                   | ? (what to use for well     |
|               |                           |    known file)              |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| file          | filename class="?????????"|                             |
|               | filename class="directory"|                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| tt            | token                     | literal                     |
|               | (is this constant width?) | type? (I see many use of tt |
|it can be:     |                           | where type input are meant) |
|code           |                           | ?                           |
|output fragment|                           | ?                           |
|command string |                           | ?                           |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| qref          | xref ????                 |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| ref           | xref                      | why not link?               |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| manref        | citerefentry              |                             |
|               | + refentrytitle           |                             |
|               | + manvolnum               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| ftpsite       | (undefined)               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| ftppath       | (undefined)               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| httpsite      | (undefined)               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| httppath      | (undefined)               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| url           | ulink                     |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| footnote      | footnote                  |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| list          | itemizedlist              |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| enumlist      | orderedlist               |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| taglist       | variablelist              |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| list compact  |     (undefined)           |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| enumlist compact |  (undefined)           |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| taglist compact |   (undefined)           |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| item          | listitem                  |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| tag           | varlistentry+tag ??       |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| example       | screen                    | literallayout               |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+

Following tags are non-documented in debiandoc-sgml manual
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| heading       | title ?                   |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| comment       | comment                   |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| comment/p     | phrase                    |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
|               |                           |                             |
+---------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 06:52:22PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:
> > tt        -> application           : TT            : type
> Both are wrong, IMHO; use <token> or <literal>.

Are these use constant width fonts as default?

What criteria is used to choose <token> or <literal>

Many short inline keyboard input uses <tt> as a tag.  What tag is right
for these occasion?

> > example   -> literallayout         : TT            : screen

adjust manually to <literallayout>

> > heading   ->                         (larger)      : title
>
> Doesn't this get moved in Debiandoc2docbookxml to sectional titles?

???

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract