Re: Discussion tooling (was: Bits from the DPL (August 2019))

Hello,

On Sat 05 Oct 2019 at 10:13PM +01, Samuel Henrique wrote:

> I don't understand the argument of it being a social problem, isn't our
> own constitution a technical solution to a social problem?

Hmm, I think that "social problem" is not what I meant.

It's difficult to communicate effectively in writing, and we do not have
good ways of collating best practices for doing that and passing them on
to new and existing contributors.  Further, communicating effectively in
writing takes energy that isn't always available.

To my mind, this is what's responsible for us communicating less
effectively.  When I say that's it's not a technical problem, I just
mean that it seems like a problem we can't program our way out of.

--
Sean Whitton