Re: Discussion tooling

On 2019-10-06 22:02:19 +0100 (+0100), Roger Lynn wrote:
[...]
> As a non-DD and lurker, personally I like the NNTP interface at
> linux.debian.devel, which I believe is provided by Marco d'Itri.
[...]

Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten this was even available,
and will strongly consider switching to it. A fairly large
free/libre open-source project I'm involved with has been
considering bridging its extremely high-volume mailing lists via
NNTP, and I personally think it's a great idea. I have fond memories
of Usenet, and suspect it would still be an underpinning of forums
today if it hadn't been the first line breached in the spam wars.
--
Jeremy Stanley